dot net cf 2.0 not finding GPS serial port. on smartphone what iswrong (c# code)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Edwin van den Oetelaar, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Hello All,
    I am using a ETEN G500+ with WM5 and CF2.0 and want to read the GPS.
    It used to work with a WM2003 pda.
    I setup the GPS to be available as COM9: to all applications (using settings/gps menu)

    Code:
          String[] ports = SerialPort.GetPortNames();
    // ports just returns COM3:
    // while TomTom sees a lot more COM ports
          SerialP = new SerialPort("COM9:"); // BREAKS because COM9: is not valid
          SerialP.BaudRate = 38400;
          SerialP.ReceivedBytesThreshold = 100;
          SerialP.DiscardNull = true;
          SerialP.DtrEnable = false;
          SerialP.Handshake = Handshake.None;
          SerialP.RtsEnable = false;
          SerialP.StopBits = StopBits.One;
          SerialP.DataReceived += SerialP_DataReceived; // handle events

    SerialP.Open(); // IOException thrown

    How can I solve this, I should be able to use COM9: for GPS input I think..
    Please help me fix this problem; Thanks.

    Regards,
    Edwin
    Edwin van den Oetelaar, Nov 3, 2006