Dotnet scheduler like the Windows "Schedued Tasks" scheduler?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Codemonkey, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Codemonkey

    Codemonkey Guest

    Hi,

    I am writing an App in .Net that involves some scheduling of tasks. I was
    wondering if anybody has come accross any components or examples of how to
    implement a schedule manager like the one in the Task Scheduler for Windows?

    Basically I'm after something that'll allow me to specify a "recurring" or
    "once off" schedule with advanced options like "the first monday in the
    month" etc.

    I could go ahead and write my own, but a wee voice keeps whispering the
    words "Code Reuse" and "go on, be lazy" ;)

    If I can't find anything that is of any use, I'll go ahead and write my own.
    If anybody else is interested in a reusable component like this, let me know
    your ideas and I'll take them into account when writing it. Being close to
    Christmas and all that, I might even post the finished code ;)

    Cheers for the help.

    Trev.
    Codemonkey, Dec 5, 2003

  2. "Codemonkey" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am writing an App in .Net that involves some scheduling of tasks. I was
    > wondering if anybody has come accross any components or examples of how to
    > implement a schedule manager like the one in the Task Scheduler for

    Windows?

    > Basically I'm after something that'll allow me to specify a "recurring" or
    > "once off" schedule with advanced options like "the first monday in the
    > month" etc.
    >
    > I could go ahead and write my own, but a wee voice keeps whispering the
    > words "Code Reuse" and "go on, be lazy" ;)
    >
    > If I can't find anything that is of any use, I'll go ahead and write my

    own.
    > If anybody else is interested in a reusable component like this, let me

    know
    > your ideas and I'll take them into account when writing it. Being close to
    > Christmas and all that, I might even post the finished code ;)

    Just use the windows one:
    http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/eng/samples/misc.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/taskschedulerlibrary.asp
    http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/TSNewLib.asp
    Ayende Rahien, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Codemonkey

    Codemonkey Guest

    In addition, I've seen this example that wraps the windows Task Scheduler
    API:

    http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/TSNewLib.asp

    But I'd be more interested in one that is a little bit more "self-contained"
    (i.e. doesn't create Tasks in the Control Panel - even hidden ones.)
    Codemonkey, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Codemonkey

    Codemonkey Guest

    Thanks. I seen these and forgot to mention them in my first post. Although
    it's pretty much exactly what I need, I'd like a self contained one (as
    explained in my other post)

    Cheers anyway.

    Trev.
    Codemonkey, Dec 5, 2003
  5. Codemonkey

    jmag Guest

    hi, ive written a class in vb.net that does exactly what your looking for..
    it contains almost all of the functionality that can be found in the Outlook
    Appointment Recurrence option :)

    jmag, Dec 8, 2003
  6. Codemonkey

    Codemonkey Guest

    > hi, ive written a class in vb.net that does exactly what your
    > looking for

    Nice one.

    For the sake of saving me (and a few others who might need this
    functionality in the future), would you consider sharing the code?

    When I do get around to writing my own (if I have to), I was planning to
    post an article on CodeProject (http://www.codeproject.com).

    If you don't fancy sharing the code, never worry. I'm sure I'll be bored of
    watching Christmas films over the holidays that I might get around to doing
    it (Cough.... Nerd.... Cough...) ;)

    Trev.
    Codemonkey, Dec 8, 2003
  7. Codemonkey

    jmag Guest

    Hi mate, i would but i cant supply the code due to contractual terms layed
    out in my contract ( i wrote it at work ya see)... the way it goes I guess..

    it was too difficult.. if wanna ask any questions tho, then feel free to
    ask..

    jmag, Dec 9, 2003
  8. Codemonkey

    Codemonkey Guest

    Cheers J, I thought you were just teasing us ;)

    I'll let you know how I get on (If I do go ahead and write it)

    Trev.

    Codemonkey, Dec 10, 2003
  9. Codemonkey

    Poem

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Scheduling component.

    Have u written the code for automatic recurring task. Can you please share it or let me know if u have posted it in codeproject
    Poem, Jun 10, 2011