Double Click mouse event problems

scott_gui

I tried to post this a few seconds ago and isn't showing. My apologies
if it posts twice.

I am creating a Windows application:
The mouse event <Double-Button-1> has a conflict when the <Button-1>
event also has a binding. Double clicks will first perform the single
click action. This seems a little silly.

Anyone know how to circumvent this? Right now I am having the function
that is bound to the double click event undo the action the single
click event performs. This is annoying and it flashes the single click
event for a split second before the double click takes over.