Double left click jump to top, same with ctrl or shift to jump to bottom?

Eadwine Rose

I have this little bitty script on my site that makes a jump to the top
of the screen when one double left clicks anywhere in the page.

I was wondering if it could be altered so the double left click stays
present as it is, and when a key is pressed alongside it, say.. shift,
ctrl, alt.. , it will jump to the bottom instead of the top.

Here is the code as it is now:

<script type="text/javascript">
function dblclick() {
window.scrollTo(0,0);
}
if (document.layers) {
document.captureEvents(Event.ONDBLCLICK);
}
document.ondblclick=dblclick;
</script>

Is this possible at all?
Thanks!
Eadwine Rose

Bosconian

Eadwine Rose said:
I have this little bitty script on my site that makes a jump to the top
of the screen when one double left clicks anywhere in the page.

I was wondering if it could be altered so the double left click stays
present as it is, and when a key is pressed alongside it, say.. shift,
ctrl, alt.. , it will jump to the bottom instead of the top.

Here is the code as it is now:

<script type="text/javascript">
function dblclick() {
window.scrollTo(0,0);
}
if (document.layers) {
document.captureEvents(Event.ONDBLCLICK);
}
document.ondblclick=dblclick;
</script>

Is this possible at all?
Thanks!
Eadwine Rose

You might try placing an anchor at the bottom of the page.

Eadwine Rose

You might try placing an anchor at the bottom of the page.

Thing is I know virtually NOTHING of javascript, so I have no idea on
how to even begin with this. Yes I could do it through HTML, easily,
but I want it to be sort of a mouse gesture rather than a link that has
to be clicked.