Double postback

Guest

Hi,
I have a page in which I encounter the following behaviour: when triggering
a server event that should normally only post back once, it actualy posts
back twice in some of the times. some other times it calls the page as though
it isn't a post back and immediatly after that it calls the page - this time
as a postback with the page viewstate. this causes some sequences that should
only occure once to be executed, and data becomes invalid. I use Anthem ajax
in my page, and several image buttons (I read in many forums that it may be
related).
What can I do to prevent such undesired postbacks?

Guest

Did you every find the answer to this problem? I am experiencing a similar
issue.

--
Thanks,

Bill Manring
Wavefront Software, Inc.

when and where? (a code please)

Guest

The extra postback is happening after a modal dialog wwindow is closed.
There is javascript code that executes a Form.submit() to cause the postback.
I have confirmed that teh javascript code is only executing once, but the
page is posting back twice.

It does not always happen, as a matter of fact we can only reproduce the
problem with our application when it is running against one configuration of
our database. We can not tell whet in our data causes the problem - we don't
thnk anythng should - but there is something about the data in one instance
of our database that causes the different behavior.

I was just hoping that if there was an answer to the original question in
this thread that it might give me an idea and point me in the right direction.

Guest

The extra postback is happening after a modal dialog wwindow is closed.
There is javascript code that executes a Form.submit() to cause the postback.
I have confirmed that teh javascript code is only executing once, but the
page is posting back twice.

It does not always happen, as a matter of fact we can only reproduce the
problem with our application when it is running against one configuration of
our database. We can not tell whet in our data causes the problem - we don't
thnk anythng should - but there is something about the data in one instance
of our database that causes the different behavior.

I was just hoping that if there was an answer to the original question in
this thread that it might give me an idea and point me in the right direction.

It's difficult to answer without look into code.

I had a few problems in the past with AutoEventWireup property, can
you check if you enabled it?

Guest

Alexey,

Thanks for you efforts on this problem, I appreciate your time. I'm sorry
that I can not include code, but the application is very large and I don't
know what code to include. If I could find some code that was causing the
problem, I would probably have the answer.

Regarding your suggestion regarding the AutoEventWireup, it is not enabled
on the page in question.

Further experimentation on our side has shown this to only be a problem with
one particular in-house database that we use for demonstrations, we can not
produce the problem on any other database and none of our customers see it in
production. As such, it is a minor issue and we are going to ignore it for
now. I was hoping I could find a quick answer somewhere in these forums, but
if that is not the case then so be it.

Again, thanks for your time, but I wouldn't spend any more time thinking
about it on my behalf.