    Hi to All,

    In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    ..exe file in to the Kernel ?

    P Shetty, Dec 22, 2007

  2. P Shetty

    Joe Wright Guest

    P Shetty wrote:
    > Hi to All,
    >
    > In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    > .exe file in to the Kernel ?

    Why do you ask in comp.lang.c?

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Dec 22, 2007

  3. P Shetty

    Kaz Kylheku Guest

    On Dec 22, 2:47 pm, P Shetty <> wrote:
    > Hi to All,
    >
    > In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    > .exe file in to the Kernel ?

    Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

    Kaz Kylheku, Dec 23, 2007
  4. Kaz Kylheku said:

    > On Dec 22, 2:47 pm, P Shetty <> wrote:
    >> Hi to All,
    >>
    >> In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    >> .exe file in to the Kernel ?

    > Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

    I just did a find -name \*.exe | wc -l and found no fewer than 106 .exe
    files on my system.

    (Just don't ask. I don't know either!)

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@

    Richard Heathfield, Dec 23, 2007
  5. Walter Roberson, Dec 23, 2007
  6. >> In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    >> .exe file in to the Kernel ?

    >Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

    In the mail spool virus quarantine area?

    Gordon Burditt, Dec 23, 2007
  7. -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:

    >In article <fkk469$vfd$>, P Shetty <> wrote:
    >>In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    >>.exe file in to the Kernel ?

    >What is this, a semi-regular troll?

    >http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/08effda0c8d6c797
    >(exact same question in 2005)

    >http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/cf967ea2868e4c63
    >(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
    >not learned from)

    Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

    --
    Chris.

    Chris McDonald, Dec 23, 2007
  8. In article <fkl3qp$4lh$>,
    Chris McDonald <> wrote:
    >-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:
    >
    >>In article <fkk469$vfd$>, P Shetty <> wrote:
    >>>In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
    >>>.exe file in to the Kernel ?

    >>What is this, a semi-regular troll?

    >>http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/08effda0c8d6c797
    >>(exact same question in 2005)

    >>http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/cf967ea2868e4c63
    >>(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
    >>not learned from)

    >Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

    Same poster name in each case, Pravin Shetty (P Shetty)
    --
    "History is a pile of debris" -- Laurie Anderson

    Walter Roberson, Dec 23, 2007
  9. P Shetty

    Randy Howard Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 12:11:10 -0600, Walter Roberson wrote
    (in article <fkm8bu$mcs$>):

    > In article <fkl3qp$4lh$>,
    > Chris McDonald <> wrote:
    >> -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) writes:

    >>> What is this, a semi-regular troll?

    >>> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/08effda0c8d6c797
    >>> (exact same question in 2005)

    >>> http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/cf967ea2868e4c63
    >>> (exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
    >>> not learned from)

    >> Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

    > Same poster name in each case, Pravin Shetty (P Shetty)

    He's been confused over the same silly question for years, so we can
    safely assume he is either a CS professor, or a pointy-haired manager.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)

    Randy Howard, Dec 25, 2007