Doubt on Device Driver ?

P Shetty

Hi to All,

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
..exe file in to the Kernel ?

Kaz Kylheku

Hi to All,

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
.exe file in to the Kernel ?

Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

Richard Heathfield

Kaz Kylheku said:
Hi to All,

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
.exe file in to the Kernel ?

Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

I just did a find -name \*.exe | wc -l and found no fewer than 106 .exe
files on my system.

(Just don't ask. I don't know either!)

Gordon Burditt

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
Where in your Linux system do you see any .exe files?

In the mail spool virus quarantine area?

Chris McDonald

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
.exe file in to the Kernel ?
What is this, a semi-regular troll?
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/cf967ea2868e4c63
(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
not learned from)

Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

Walter Roberson

[email protected] (Walter Roberson) said:
In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
.exe file in to the Kernel ?
What is this, a semi-regular troll?
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/08effda0c8d6c797
(exact same question in 2005)
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/cf967ea2868e4c63
(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
not learned from)
Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

Same poster name in each case, Pravin Shetty (P Shetty)

Randy Howard

In linux device driver programming Why we insert obj. file [module] not
.exe file in to the Kernel ?
What is this, a semi-regular troll?
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/08effda0c8d6c797
(exact same question in 2005)
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.lang.c/msg/cf967ea2868e4c63
(exact same question Sept 16 2007, with many responses obviously
not learned from)
Perhaps the same homework question in an Indian university?

Same poster name in each case, Pravin Shetty (P Shetty)

He's been confused over the same silly question for years, so we can
safely assume he is either a CS professor, or a pointy-haired manager.