Downloading files script.

mathaios

Hi all.
I want to be able to offer free downloads through my website.I mean
that i want to display a first name and email address capture form
and when avisitor enters the details to be able to download a freebie
that would be offered.And to reach the download should be done through
a "download dialog box"and not from a link.Does anybody has a script
to recomend with instructions aswell?
I would be greatful.

rf

mathaios said:
Hi all.
I want to be able to offer free downloads through my website.I mean
that i want to display a first name and email address capture form
and when avisitor enters the details to be able to download a freebie

Why would you want my name or my email address to download a freebie? Do you
have a privacy statement on your site?

If I encounter such sites then I lie and give them this email address:
(e-mail address removed)

If that does not work I move on elsewhere.
that would be offered.And to reach the download should be done through
a "download dialog box"and not from a link.Does anybody has a script
to recomend with instructions aswell?
I would be greatful.

Why? What is wrong with a link? That is what everybody else uses.

In any case you have no control over over dialog boxes that may or may not
appear on your viewers computer.