    a "download dialog box"and not from a link.Does anybody has a script
    to recomend with instructions aswell?
    I would be greatful.
    mathaios, Oct 5, 2008

  2. mathaios

    rf Guest

    "mathaios" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all.
    > I want to be able to offer free downloads through my website.I mean
    > that i want to display a first name and email address capture form
    > and when avisitor enters the details to be able to download a freebie

    Why would you want my name or my email address to download a freebie? Do you
    have a privacy statement on your site?

    If I encounter such sites then I lie and give them this email address:

    If that does not work I move on elsewhere.

    > that would be offered.And to reach the download should be done through
    > a "download dialog box"and not from a link.Does anybody has a script
    > to recomend with instructions aswell?
    > I would be greatful.

    Why? What is wrong with a link? That is what everybody else uses.

    In any case you have no control over over dialog boxes that may or may not
    appear on your viewers computer.
    rf, Oct 5, 2008