Dr Dobbs snippet

user923005

If you are interested in programming and algorithms, there used to be
a journal called "Software, Practise and Experience" (Wiley) which, in
it's early days, was a very good read indeed.  I have no idea what it
is like now, but a quick glance on-line suggests that it may have got
a bit "wooly".  In its hey-day it was quite down to earth.

Of course, it is almost certainly too pricey to be worth buying.  A
good library would have it (mine does not).

"Communications of the ACM"
http://cacm.acm.org/