Drag And Drop from one grid to the other.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Sugandh Jain, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. Sugandh Jain

    Sugandh Jain Guest

    Hi,

    Following is the scenairio I have to deal with:

    I have two grids Say A and B.

    Grids A and B are both bound to the same DataSource via a BindingSource, but
    show different results, based on the filter applied on the data Collection
    we get from the DataBase.

    Now, I require to Select an Item on A and drag it to a particular item on B,
    and based on the values in both the rows, the values of the properties in
    the right grid have to changed. for example :

    Say the row in grid A, has the quantity as 500, and in Grid B as 1000. So,
    when I drag this item from A to B, the resulting quantity on B becomes
    (1000 - 500) and there will be one more property in each item, which will
    keep the ID for the item from A which has been dragged to keep what item has
    acted on it.

    How to achieve this?
    There is some more validation that, the Item from A which is being dragged
    is matching some other property values of B.

    Please respond.
    For more clarification on the requirement, you can reply here itself, or
    write to me at

    Regards,
    Sugandh
    Sugandh Jain, Dec 8, 2006