drag and drop with wxPython ?

stef

hello,

I'm trying to move from Delphi to Python
(move from MatLab to Python already succeeded, also thanks to this
discussion group).
From the discussions in this list about "the best" GUI for Python,
it now seems to me that wxPython is thé choice for my kind of applications.

I've no experience with wxPython yet,
I just run a few examples and indeed it looks good (as expected from the
discussions in this list).

What I really need at this moment for a new project,
(and I coulnd't find any example, lot of broken links ;-)
is how to implement some drag & drop facilities,
both to drag and drop normal button,
but also to drag and drop some dynamically created objects.
Just like a CAD program, but far more simpler.

Does anyone has an example how to drag & drop components with wxPython ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Larry Bates

stef said:
hello,

I'm trying to move from Delphi to Python
(move from MatLab to Python already succeeded, also thanks to this
discussion group).
From the discussions in this list about "the best" GUI for Python,
it now seems to me that wxPython is thé choice for my kind of applications.

I've no experience with wxPython yet,
I just run a few examples and indeed it looks good (as expected from the
discussions in this list).

What I really need at this moment for a new project,
(and I coulnd't find any example, lot of broken links ;-)
is how to implement some drag & drop facilities,
both to drag and drop normal button,
but also to drag and drop some dynamically created objects.
Just like a CAD program, but far more simpler.

Does anyone has an example how to drag & drop components with wxPython ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

The demo that comes with wxWindows has good examples of this.

-Larry

kyosohma

hello,

I'm trying to move from Delphi to Python
(move from MatLab to Python already succeeded, also thanks to this
discussion group).
From the discussions in this list about "the best" GUI for Python,
it now seems to me that wxPython is thé choice for my kind of applications.

I've no experience with wxPython yet,
I just run a few examples and indeed it looks good (as expected from the
discussions in this list).

What I really need at this moment for a new project,
(and I coulnd't find any example, lot of broken links ;-)
is how to implement some drag & drop facilities,
both to drag and drop normal button,
but also to drag and drop some dynamically created objects.
Just like a CAD program, but far more simpler.

Does anyone has an example how to drag & drop components with wxPython ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Stef,

wxPython's wiki has a couple examples:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/DragAndDrop?highlight=(drop)|(drag)
http://wiki.wxpython.org/DragAndDropWithFolderMovingAndRearranging?highlight=(drop)|(drag)

I think Larry meant to say that the wxPython demo has an example. It's
under the "Clipboard and DnD" category.

For lots of help from people that create wxPython and its widgets,
check out the wxPython user's group here: http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php

Mike

Stef Mientki

Stef,

wxPython's wiki has a couple examples:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/DragAndDrop?highlight=(drop)|(drag)
http://wiki.wxpython.org/DragAndDropWithFolderMovingAndRearranging?highlight=(drop)|(drag)

I think Larry meant to say that the wxPython demo has an example. It's
under the "Clipboard and DnD" category.

For lots of help from people that create wxPython and its widgets,
check out the wxPython user's group here: http://www.wxpython.org/maillist.php
thanks Mike and Larry,

I didn't succeed in testing (and understand what you both meant),
because I had an old version of wxPython.
After updating to the last version,
WOW,...
.... that demo is really an example how to interatively teach wxPython.
BEAUTIFUL !

cheers,
Stef Mientki

kyosohma

thanks Mike and Larry,

I didn't succeed in testing (and understand what you both meant),
because I had an old version of wxPython.
After updating to the last version,
WOW,...
... that demo is really an example how to interatively teach wxPython.
BEAUTIFUL !

cheers,
Stef Mientki

Just an FYI for future reference. Always mention what Python /
wxPython and OS you're using. We probably could have told you that
your problem was using the old version of wxPython sooner.

Have fun!

Mike