Drag Drop Re-ordering

simon_s_li

Hi,

I am having problems using drag drop and re-ordering items.

Example:
When I drag and item from position 1 and drag it to position 3, I want
to re-order all the items accordingly. This means an item in position
1 is now is position 3 and item 2 is now in postion 1 and item 3 is in
position 2 and position 4 and 5 stay the same.
I have searched the web.

I am need to code this in a jsp page. The searches I have found either
give me partial source code or no source code.

Does anyone have source code for this to run on a jsp page???

Thanks
Simon

Lee

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hi,

I am having problems using drag drop and re-ordering items.

Example:
When I drag and item from position 1 and drag it to position 3, I want
to re-order all the items accordingly. This means an item in position
1 is now is position 3 and item 2 is now in postion 1 and item 3 is in
position 2 and position 4 and 5 stay the same.
I have searched the web.

I am need to code this in a jsp page. The searches I have found either
give me partial source code or no source code.

Does anyone have source code for this to run on a jsp page???

How do you imagine that a "jsp" page differs from a "Notepad" page?
If you're asking for client-side Javascript, it doesn't matter at
all how the page was created. If you're asking for something else,
you're in the wrong newsgroup?

RobG

Hi,

I am having problems using drag drop and re-ordering items.

Example:
When I drag and item from position 1 and drag it to position 3, I want
to re-order all the items accordingly. This means an item in position
1 is now is position 3 and item 2 is now in postion 1 and item 3 is in
position 2 and position 4 and 5 stay the same.
I have searched the web.

I am need to code this in a jsp page. The searches I have found either
give me partial source code or no source code.

Does anyone have source code for this to run on a jsp page???

I have responded to your original thread with some sample code based on
what I think you were trying to do. Looks pretty messy, browsers have
drag 'n drop natively - what's the point?

Vladdy

Hi,

I am having problems using drag drop and re-ordering items.

Example:
When I drag and item from position 1 and drag it to position 3, I want
to re-order all the items accordingly. This means an item in position
1 is now is position 3 and item 2 is now in postion 1 and item 3 is in
position 2 and position 4 and 5 stay the same.
I have searched the web.

I am need to code this in a jsp page. The searches I have found either
give me partial source code or no source code.

Does anyone have source code for this to run on a jsp page???

Thanks
Simon
While this demo was done for a somewhat different application, the drag
and drop code can be modified to do the "insertion" rather than "item swap".
http://demos.klproductions.com/sandbox/arrangetextquizdemo.html

.... and as it was already mentioned, you are asking for a client side
application, therefore it does not matter how the client code is
produced as long as it is valid...