Drag & Drop table within table

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Targa, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Targa

    Targa Guest

    I have an ASP scheduling application in which there are blocks of time,
    represented with a table, within another table which is the timeline.

    In other words, I have a table with a vertical timeline. Each row represents
    a 1/2 hour of time starting at 12 AM. The scheduled job is represented by
    another smaller table inside the timeline table which spans vertically the
    time alloted for the job. Say if the job was scheduled for 2 hours, the
    table would be 8 rows tall and placed in the appropriate rows of the
    timeline table, according to the scheduled time.

    Anyway, Im looking for a way to be able to drag a scheduled job(table) from
    one timeslot to another. Like from a 12 AM starting time to say - 5 AM.

    The scheduling table pulls the data from a database so when a job is dragged
    and dropped into a new timeslot, the database would need to be updated.

    Any ideas on how to accomplish this or suggestions on which direction or
    methods I should start to look at?

    Thanks in advance!

    Targa, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Targa

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You will need to consult a client-side scripting newsgroup or site for
    information on drag&drop within a browser (try an internet search for
    "javascript drag drop" or variants).

    Once the "drop" occurs then you will have to send a request to the server
    with the updated information to post the changes to the database. Identify
    the information needed to update the database and make sure it is present in
    the request.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development