Dragging objects from parent window to showModalDialog

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by elizayiu@hotmail.com, Sep 14, 2007.

    I need to write a webpage which does the following:
    - open up a window and pass parameters into it (i.e. need to call
    showModalDialog() or showModelessDialog())
    - contains jscript to support drag and drop objects from itself to the
    popup window
    - wait for user response in popup window and return results back to
    the parent window (i.e. calling showModalDialog() is preferred)

    If I call showModalDialog(), the focus will go to the popup window,
    i.e. I cannot drag from the parent window. If I call
    showModelessDialog(), the focus will go to the parent window when I
    drag an object from it but it doesn't switch to the popup window when
    my cursor move to the popup window.

    Is this even possible?

    Thanks,
    Eliza