    operating systems
    thanking u
    usha

    munni, Feb 8, 2006

  2. munni

    Ian Collins Guest

    munni wrote:
    > hi
    > i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
    > windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
    > operating systems
    > thanking u
    > usha

    You want to know 3 times?

    Try one of the flame advocacy groups...

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Feb 8, 2006

  3. munni

    santosh Guest

    munni wrote:
    > hi
    > i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
    > windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
    > operating systems

    Linux like any other operaing system has drawbacks. But since it is the
    based on the UNIX design is much more better than Windows.

    Windows research is done by only Microsoft whereas Linux research and
    development is done by many companies and university.

    For more technical details you have to search in google. In terms of
    security and stabality, Linux is considered best. Also, Super Computer
    use Linux or Unix only, not windows.

    santosh, Feb 8, 2006
  4. munni

    Why Tea Guest

    <Windows research is done by only Microsoft whereas Linux research and
    <development is done by many companies and university.

    This is true, but it may actually be a good thing for Windows. Remember
    the days when there were quite a few variants of Unix, which went in
    quite different directions? Linux is probably the most unified Unix of
    all and hence it enjoys today's popularity.

    Going it alone, Windows managed to set and create many standards of its
    own since the Dos days. Good or bad, once you know Windows, you can
    almost drive any Windows machine. The same probably can't be said for
    Linux, unless you are a seasoned Linux user.

    >For more technical details you have to search in google. In terms of
    >security and stabality, Linux is considered best. Also, Super Computer
    >use Linux or Unix only, not windows.

    Can't agree more.

    Why Tea, Feb 8, 2006
  5. munni

    Grumble Guest

    munni wrote:
    > i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
    > windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
    > operating systems

    What made you think comp.lang.c was the right place to ask?

    Try comp.os.linux.advocacy

    Grumble, Feb 8, 2006
  6. munni

    Al Balmer Guest

    On 8 Feb 2006 03:28:48 -0800, "Why Tea" <> wrote:

    Good grief. All three of you, "Why Tea", "santosh", and "munni" who
    thinks this is a chat room, are in the wrong place. This is
    comp.lang.c, where we discuss the C language, not Linux, and not
    operating systems.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ

    Al Balmer, Feb 8, 2006
  7. In article <>,
    Al Balmer <> wrote:
    >On 8 Feb 2006 03:28:48 -0800, "Why Tea" <> wrote:
    >
    >Good grief. All three of you, "Why Tea", "santosh", and "munni" who
    >thinks this is a chat room, are in the wrong place. This is
    >comp.lang.c, where we discuss the C language, not Linux, and not
    >operating systems.

    I suppose that depends on to which "we" you are referring.

    I would imagine that if any of "Why Tea", et al used that pronoun, they
    would be referring to the group of people who *are* discussing Linux, etc.

    Kenny McCormack, Feb 8, 2006
  8. munni

    Nikesh Guest

    Hi Munni or Usha (r u from India ?)

    start learning Linux as early as possible , it's easy

    it will open many doors to make a smart career in IT line.

    popularity of Linux is more than WIndows in Industry

    Nikesh Shah

    Nikesh, Feb 9, 2006
  9. "santosh" <> writes:
    > munni wrote:
    >> hi
    >> i want to know the drawbacks of linux. how does linux differ from
    >> windows and other operating systems? its advantages over other
    >> operating systems

    > Linux like any other operaing system has drawbacks.

    [snip]

    santosh, please don't encourage off-topic posts by replying to them.

    munni, find a Linux newsgroup. This isn't it.

    Keith Thompson, Feb 10, 2006
  10. munni

    santosh Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > santosh, please don't encourage off-topic posts by replying to them.
    >
    > munni, find a Linux newsgroup. This isn't it.

    Sorry, I will take care next time.

    santosh, Feb 10, 2006