drawing a graph

Newbie

Dear friends,

I have been trying to draw a graph of vertices and edges connecting
these vertices in Java and to show them. Does anyone have a blueprint
of such a program.?
thanks
newbie

Rhino

Newbie said:
Dear friends,

I have been trying to draw a graph of vertices and edges connecting
these vertices in Java and to show them. Does anyone have a blueprint
of such a program.?
thanks
newbie
I'm honestly not sure what you mean but several sample programs illustrating
2D and 3D graphics come with the Java SDK. Have you looked at them?

Rhino

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Sj=F6blom?=

A google search for "java graph drawing library" (without the quotes)
gives many results. In general, drawing arbitrary graphs is not easy,
there is no method that automatically gives you 'pretty' graphs, since
what is pretty is quite subjective.

Hal Rosser

look at the Graphics class
use fillArc method for pie charts
and filRect method for bar charts
and drawLine for those 'edges'
and the Point class for those 'vertices'
just a start - many others - check the other replies

Betty

Newbie said:
Dear friends,

I have been trying to draw a graph of vertices and edges connecting
these vertices in Java and to show them. Does anyone have a blueprint
of such a program.?
thanks
newbie
The AT&T package "Graphviz" works pretty good. Does it have to be
in java?

Amit Chatterjee

Newbie said:
Dear friends,

I have been trying to draw a graph of vertices and edges connecting
these vertices in Java and to show them. Does anyone have a blueprint
of such a program.?
thanks
newbie

I am not sure about your graphing requirement but I have used JFreeChart
(http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/). It is a powerful chart package for
Java and it is free.

* Amit Chatterjee amit.chatterjee AT quik-j DOT com *
* http://www.quik-computing.com *
* QUIK Computing - Home of the Open Source Contact Center*

Dale King

Betty said:
The AT&T package "Graphviz" works pretty good. Does it have to be
in java?

Graphviz is very good and if you google for "graphviz java" you will
find more than one Java API for it.

Amit Chatterjee