    Are there web controls that can detect the position of the mouse & possibly
    allow drag & drop of items on a drawing?

    Terry Holland

    Terry Holland, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Hi Terry,

    Given your Web application will be used on the Intranet, and that you could
    possibly restrict the users to using IE only, I'd suggest crafting a Windows
    Forms user control that will then be hosted by a Web page. Since, in
    general, you cannot do any real drawing on a Web page, I see this as the
    best solution.

    Now to the possible consequences:

    1. All of the users will have to have the .NET Framework installed.
    2. Windows Forms controls, when hosted by Internet Explorer, are granted
    pretty restrictive priveleges. You should exercise care in designing such
    areas of the application as accessing disk files, network connectivity or
    interoperating with unmanaged code. While these priveleges can be increased,
    this will have to be done on each user's machine, so if this is unwanted or
    unsuitable, you are now warned.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]
    X-Unity Test Studio

    "Terry Holland" <> wrote in message
    > We have an application that is written in VB that allows to users to

    design
    > some basic structures by allowing them to select items in in a Picture box
    > and them modify the properties of the item that they have selected.
    >
    > The items that they select are generally lines of varying length &

    thickness

    Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP], Dec 3, 2003

  3. This would be okay

    Can you point me to any examples of how to do this?

    "Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Terry Holland, Dec 3, 2003