    changing the stacking order of the div tags through css but that has not
    helped and I can not seem to find a solution to this problem on the net. Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Shawn K, Oct 8, 2004

  2. DropDownList is not actually rendered by IE, but by the System. That's why
    IE renders all controls and at the end it tells the system to render
    someother controls (like DDL). That's why they are rendered on top regardles
    of CSS positioning (z-order, z-index). What can you do?

    I'm always in some idea to create my own custom control that would render as
    DDL, but would be done entirely with DHTML + CSS. But haven't actually
    started to develop it. But I think there should be some of like-this
    controls on the net to use instead.

    It's nasty. Yeah I agree. There is also some functionality that "tops" ddls.
    IFRAMEs. Check the MSDN for their usage and if they can be of any help to
    you and your problem.

    --
    RobertK
    { Clever? No just smart. }

    "Shawn K" <> wrote in message
    > I have a dynamic html site navigation control in a website I am

    developing.
    > On pages where there are dropdownlist controls, the dropdownlist will

    render
    > on top of the dynamic html navigation. This ends up hiding the navigation

    in

    Robert Koritnik, Oct 11, 2004