Dropdown List with Parameters

TJHerman

I have a dropdown list within a Formview on a web form (using ASP.NET, vb)
that uses parameters to filter the list that is displayed (After a client
name is chosen in another dropdown list, this dropdown list filters the
contact names based on the company ID).

When I try to bind this dropdown list to the value that I want to store, I
get an error saying that it must be a data-bound control -- which it is. If I
don't explicitly bind the dropdown list and only have the datavaluefield
selected, the value is not included on an insert. If I take off the
parameters, it stores the value fine.

Can I not store/insert values with a dropdown list that uses parameters?