Dropdownlist display not displaying current

tshad

I have a dropdown list set up to show 4 items on screen.

If you select an item below that 4, it will not display on the screen (but
it is selected).

When you postback the list shows the first four and you have to scrolldown
to see the one you chose. Is there a way to have the dropdownlist show the
one (or the first one) that is selected? This is confusing to the user as
he thinks nothing is selected.

Thanks,

Tom

societopia.net

If you are not recreating the elements then the selected element should
remain selected. Here is a demo:
http://societopia.net/Samples/webform4.aspx
If you are recreating the elements of the listbox upon processing the
postback event then you will have to save the selected value first before
recreating the listitems then set the selected index to that value
afterwards. I do a similar action in a listbox demo that I have on my
website http://www.webswapp.com/webswapp.aspx?i=12