dropdownlist not displaying all items?

JR

Hi all;

I have a drop down list that applies a filter to another grouping of URLs. The drop down list is data bound to an XML document - and it works just fine; no issues loading the list. However, after I perform the databind, I am adding a "Clear filter" item to the drop down list, through code; and setting this to the selected item in the list.

When the page renders, all the URLs are being displayed (so no filter is being applied), but the actual "Clear filter" choice does not appear in the drop down list. When I change the selection to something else, then the "Clear filter" appears.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but am having a complete brain cramp. Any ideas?