dropdownlist selected item problem

EJD

Hello All -
I have a user control at the top of each page in my application which
has a dropdownlist that gets bound if it's not a postback. A selection
in the list will Response.Redirect to another page based on what's
selected, and then loads a few datagrids with paging enabled. So if I
pick four different items from the list, and the click on the "back"
button, it will show the last item selected from the DDL. I am caching
the dataset for the dropdownlist rather than going to the database
every time.

And now if I click on one of the page indexes for a datagrid after
clicking on the back button it will take me to the item selected in the
DDL rather than changing the datagrid page. Basically the DDL control
has the focus, and the postback caused by the DG page index gets
intercepted.

So far I've tried disabling caching on the user control, and that helps
but eventually I'll get a "page cannot be displayed" if I keep clicking
on the back button.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Eric