dropdownlists in asp.net

somersbar

on my webform i have a dataset with 2 fields in it, 'area' and
'areacode'. each area obviously has an area code. i hav a dropdownlist
which uses the 'areacode' field as the DataValueField. but i have a
textbox which i want to contain the 'area' field of the value selected
from the ddlist.

how can i do this please?

Nathan Sokalski

That sounds like something that would be a good task for JavaScript. I would
use databinding to populate the DropDownList, and then use the onChange
JavaScript event to fill in the TextBox with the selected value. Let me know
if you have any trouble doing this.