dropdowns

Brian Shannon

I want to use auto postback with a dropdown box. Let's say index 3 is
currently selected. Is there a way to reselect the current value so a
postback occurs.

Right now it only changes with the SelectedIndexChange!

Any ideas?

Otherwise I need to select a different index and reselect the original to
get the postback needed. This wont occur too often in the application but I
need the functionality there for the user.

Thanks

Bobby Ryzhy

I want to use auto postback with a dropdown box. Let's say index 3 is
currently selected. Is there a way to reselect the current value so a
postback occurs.

Right now it only changes with the SelectedIndexChange!

Any ideas?

Otherwise I need to select a different index and reselect the original to
get the postback needed. This wont occur too often in the application but I
need the functionality there for the user.

Thanks

Try AutopostBack="true"

Bobby Ryzhy
bobby @ domain below
http://weekendtech.net

Dale

It is a perfectly reasonable and acceptable thing to formulate your own call
to __doPostBack in client side script and cause a postback, simulating a
change of index in your DropDownList. You don't need a hidden button or
some of the other things you see folks do.

To help you do that, Microsoft has provided the GetPostBackEventReference
method in the ASP.NET framework. You can call the
GetPostBackEventReference method to generate the text of the client side
call to the __doPostBack clientside method.

Dale Preston
MCAD, MCSE, MCDBA