    (or NDRs) to the Reply-To address (specified in CDOSYS script) rather than
    the FROM address?

    thanks.

    Karon Davis, Nov 20, 2007

  2. > can someone tell me if it's possible to send delivery status
    > notifications (or NDRs) to the Reply-To address (specified in CDOSYS
    > script) rather than the FROM address?

    Never mind where _you_ specified the Reply-To: and where _you_ send
    NDRs.

    If your question is how you can make remote servers break the RFCs,
    and break standard mail patterns, by sending to the header Reply-To:
    instead of the envelope sender, the answer is "you can't."

    The reason is simple. NDRs go to the protocol-level MAIL FROM, as
    opposed to the headers, which are encapsulated within the DATA section
    of the message. While a message may indeed be rejected by server based
    on header/body content, and while sending server A will _not_ look
    inside the message headers/body to determine who is to receive the
    resultant bounce. Even if it were possible to implement this broken
    behavior, the overhead would be tremendous.

    Care to explain the surrounding environment of your question?

    --Sandy

    Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
    Broadleaf Systems, a division of
    Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.