    Thanks
    lbrtchx

    , Feb 7, 2008

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    wrote:
    > I was wondering if there is something like that to the point the the
    > sampling is good enough to identify phonemes and do Voice Recognition
    > ~
    > I did a search on: DSP "import java" Voice Recognition, and got
    > basically nothing useful
    > ~
    > Thanks
    > lbrtchx

    Strange, I searched for
    java voice recognition
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=java+voice+recognition>
    and found
    <http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-guide/Recognition.html>

    Actually, I'm impressed. I would have thought it such a niche that there
    wouldn't have been anything.

    Daniel Pitts, Feb 8, 2008

    Yeap! and if you click on the contents link
    ~
    http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-guide/index.html
    ~
    you are gonna read:
    ~
    Version 1.0 - October 26, 1998
    ~
    almost from jdk 1.[1|2?] times ;-)
    ~
    The first java book I read out of pure curiosity was Cay S Horstmann
    "Core Java" from 1996
    ~
    I have been interested in this topic for some time now and read that
    doc a while ago hoping things would get better, but googling: jsapi-
    guide
    ~
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jsapi-guide
    ~
    will give you a mere 225 hits all of them from that time
    ~
    and, again googling: jsapi-guide "import java"
    ~
    will give you 25 hits with basically nothing
    ~
    I have definitely more math knowledge than needed to understand the
    basics of it all, the programming skills (ANSI C, ANSI C++ and java)
    to functionally code and some time to help maintain some software
    package
    ~
    Anyone else out there interested in such a project? Let's teasingly
    call it jdsp and it should be aimed at doing some heavy duty DSP in
    java so that Voice recognition could be achieved
    ~
    Thanks
    lbrtchx

    , Feb 8, 2008
  4. On Feb 8, 1:30 pm, wrote:
    >  Yeap! and if you click on the contents link
    > ~
    >  http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-gu....
    > ~
    >  you are gonna read:
    > ~
    >  Version 1.0 - October 26, 1998

    Sure. How have voices, or the recognition
    of same, changed since 1998? Have people
    started sepaking in closely modulated colors?

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 8, 2008

    > > Yeap! and if you click on the contents link
    > > ~
    > > http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-gu...
    > > ~
    > > you are gonna read:
    > > ~
    > > Version 1.0 - October 26, 1998

    > Sure. How have voices, or the recognition
    > of same, changed since 1998? Have people
    > started sepaking in closely modulated colors?
    >
    > --
    > Andrew T.
    > PhySci.org

    ~
    probably there was an inside joke in your stats you yourself didn't
    even catch, but I wrote my second comments based on the way I
    understood the reply to my OP
    ~
    well, to me the fact that no one is -speaking- about any of this not
    even in "closely modulated colors" after a decade is definitely
    telling
    ~
    lbrtchx

    , Feb 8, 2008
  6. Daniel Pitts Guest

    wrote:
    > Yeap! and if you click on the contents link
    > ~
    > http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/speech/forDevelopers/jsapi-guide/index.html
    > ~
    > you are gonna read:
    > ~
    > Version 1.0 - October 26, 1998
    > ~
    > almost from jdk 1.[1|2?] times ;-)
    > ~
    > The first java book I read out of pure curiosity was Cay S Horstmann
    > "Core Java" from 1996
    > ~
    > I have been interested in this topic for some time now and read that
    > doc a while ago hoping things would get better, but googling: jsapi-
    > guide
    > ~
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=jsapi-guide
    > ~
    > will give you a mere 225 hits all of them from that time
    > ~
    > and, again googling: jsapi-guide "import java"
    > ~
    > will give you 25 hits with basically nothing
    > ~
    > I have definitely more math knowledge than needed to understand the
    > basics of it all, the programming skills (ANSI C, ANSI C++ and java)
    > to functionally code and some time to help maintain some software
    > package
    > ~
    > Anyone else out there interested in such a project? Let's teasingly
    > call it jdsp and it should be aimed at doing some heavy duty DSP in
    > java so that Voice recognition could be achieved
    > ~
    > Thanks
    > lbrtchx

    Why are you searching for "import java"? That doesn't make sense in most
    java contexts.

    Do a search for Java DSP, or do a search for Java Voice Recognition.

    Those are most likely to give you the results you want.

    Daniel Pitts, Feb 8, 2008

    On Feb 8, 1:12 am, Daniel Pitts
    <> wrote:
    > Why are you searching for "import java"?

    ~
    because I was trying to see if there where some actual code out there
    and filter out unrelated hits you get sometimes, because there is some
    navigational link with the word "java" in it and such nonsense.
    ~
    To me if people don't code based on it (even if toy code) than there
    is no "ergosum" karma related to it
    ~
    Thanks
    lbrtchx

    , Feb 8, 2008
  8. Daniel Pitts Guest

    wrote:
    > On Feb 8, 1:12 am, Daniel Pitts
    > <> wrote:
    >> Why are you searching for "import java"?

    > ~
    > because I was trying to see if there where some actual code out there
    > and filter out unrelated hits you get sometimes, because there is some
    > navigational link with the word "java" in it and such nonsense.
    > ~
    > To me if people don't code based on it (even if toy code) than there
    > is no "ergosum" karma related to it
    > ~
    > Thanks
    > lbrtchx

    Well, then you are missing out on exactly what you've asked for. Sucks
    to be you.

    Daniel Pitts, Feb 8, 2008