Dumb question

Robert Dufour

I got a loginstatus control. when user clicks it when its on lougout I would
simply like to close the browser after going to a page that asks do you
really want to close the application. If No he comes back to whatever page
he was one if yes, browser is closed.

Anyone have any sample code snippets for doing this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Bob

Guest

You can really only "close the browser" with client-side script, e.g.
window.close();
You can use the onbeforeunload event to ask your "question" but the problem
is if this is in response to a Logout control click, which generates a
postback, the user will have already been logged out.
Peter