    page will be on an Apache server, under *nix.

    Brian

    , Apr 25, 2007

  2. Brian Guest

    On Apr 25, 5:59 pm, Randy Webb <> wrote:
    ..

    > A POST is a Submit, I think you mean a GET request.

    I know there are two ways to submit - one where the variables are
    passed in the URL and the other they're passed in the body. I'my
    trying to get the information from the body of the request.

    There is a web page that someone else wrote and it is so convoluted I
    can't figure out exactly what it is passing. I'd like to modify the
    submit action in a copy of the page so it will direct to a web page
    that will take the passed information and dump it to a web page, so I
    can see what is happening.

    Brian

    Brian, Apr 26, 2007

  3. Lee Guest

    Brian said:

    >On Apr 25, 5:59 pm, Randy Webb <> wrote:
    >.
    >>
    >> A POST is a Submit, I think you mean a GET request.

    >I know there are two ways to submit - one where the variables are
    >passed in the URL and the other they're passed in the body. I'my
    >trying to get the information from the body of the request.
    >
    >There is a web page that someone else wrote and it is so convoluted I
    >can't figure out exactly what it is passing. I'd like to modify the
    >submit action in a copy of the page so it will direct to a web page
    >that will take the passed information and dump it to a web page, so I
    >can see what is happening.

    GET sends the values in the URL.
    POST sends them in the body of the request.
    You should see method="POST" as an attribute of the form tag.
    If there's no method attribute, it defaults to GET.

    The easy way to see POSTed values is to write (or find) a
    server-side script in PHP, CGI, etc, that dumps the values
    (along with the server's environment variables).
    That's really beyond the scope of this newsgroup, though.

    Lee, Apr 26, 2007