    com to set up users from asp?
    Thanks
    JJ

    JJ, Aug 16, 2004

  2. JJ

    Ray at Guest

    Why would you use FTP for this? If the person is already at your site, it
    seems like it would make things much simpler for both you and the end user
    if you just allowed the person to download with via HTTP.

    Ray at home

    "JJ" <nospam> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am writing a website selling e-books.
    > I want to have an ftp server on my windows server so that when a customer
    > purchases a download, I can set them up with a username and password to
    > download the single file using ftp.
    > Any ideas on an ftp server I could use for this which would allow me to

    use

    Ray at, Aug 17, 2004

  3. JJ

    dlbjr Guest

    Just a suggestion.
    Place the books into a database as binary.
    Then control the download dynamically with a file header for the file type..
    This will keep you from placing any actual files on a server.

    --
    dlbjr
    Pleading sagacious indoctrination!

    dlbjr, Aug 17, 2004
  4. JJ

    thorpe Guest

    there is an ftp server with ISS, im sure if you search a vbscript NG you
    would find a solution. try here;
    microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.scripting.vbscript

    thorpe, Aug 17, 2004