dynamic HotSpot

yo

I need to display some geographic related database records on an image
map object. So far all the examples I found show hard coded hotspot
coordinates. I would like to get some sameple code behind in C# to
show me how to do this. Another problem in hand is when the image map
is resized, how to redisplay these hotspots accordingly. By the way,
how dose the x and y values are calculated on a map? Thank you in
advance.

bruce barker

there are two types of image maps in html. serverside and client side.

with server side, you just use an image button, and the x/y coord's are sent
with the postback. you then calc the hot spot in code.

with client side the image references an image map which defines "hot spots"
(rect, circle or poloygons coords) and a link for each hotspot.

in both cases you think of the image as a grid of pixels with 0,0 at the top
left. how you code determines the hot spots is up to you. there are tools
that will produce an image map from an image. you just open the image in the
tool and draw hot spots.

if you transform (scale/pan) the image, you just apply the same
transformation to the hot spot coords.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)