dynamic menu

Cornelius

Hi, I have a debugging problem!

I made a dynamic menu via js:
- onload the js scans for all spans with a special id, these spans
contain different sets of input controls (generated via ASP).

- the menu script gets its information via substrings of the ids and
takes it for menu caption. The menu will be generated then and put
into another span via innerHTML.

- everytime I click one of the menu items, the selected span gets the
classname 'vis', all other 'invis' of this style definition
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
.vis{display:visible}
.inv{display:none}

- everithing seems to be very good but then we tested our javascript
calendar, which is placed on several of those input-divs (it has an
own visibility/hidden method), we noticed that the visibility of the
calendar is influenced by some of the other spans. This means that if
I click the calendar button once, the calendar doesnt appear, but if I
make some of the invisible spans visible, calendar appears.

- I tried to make the calendar visible on its own, but it wont appear.

Has anybody any idea or tip, how I can determine, whats the cause of
this behaviour? I thought about bad html, but I cannot determine in
that big asp code. Btw. in another html this behaviour doesnt appear,
so its the kind of html of that sheet.

Thanks in advance

Juliette

Cornelius said:
[...]

Could it have something to do with the z-index of your layers maybe ?
J.