Dynamic menus

Lloyd Sheen

I am trying to use the menu control to add a history function to a page.

When the user selects an item (thru search or navigation) an item is added
to the "History" menu item. Now while testing this I am getting a
cornucopia of problems.

Sometimes it will allow the add. Sometimes it will not.
Sometimes it will allow the add and when the item is selected I get
Javascript errors.
Sometimes it will allow the add and when the item is selected if there is
more than one item it will always show the first item.

The menu itself is in an UpdatePanel.

To add the item is a simple create of a menuitem, setting the text and value
and adding to the "History" menu item.

Any ideas on dynamic menus or am I attempting something I should not.

Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen

Lloyd Sheen said:
I am trying to use the menu control to add a history function to a page.

When the user selects an item (thru search or navigation) an item is added
to the "History" menu item. Now while testing this I am getting a
cornucopia of problems.

Sometimes it will allow the add. Sometimes it will not.
Sometimes it will allow the add and when the item is selected I get
Javascript errors.
Sometimes it will allow the add and when the item is selected if there is
more than one item it will always show the first item.

The menu itself is in an UpdatePanel.

To add the item is a simple create of a menuitem, setting the text and
value and adding to the "History" menu item.

Any ideas on dynamic menus or am I attempting something I should not.

Lloyd Sheen

Update::

If I have no event for the menu click then I do not get any errors. Of
course I get no click event so that is pretty useless.

Thanks
LLoyd Sheen