Dynamic Photo Album using JSP

Linda

Hey all,

I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post my question - or if
I should go to a JSP group. Anyway here is my question.

I am looking at finding/ making an online dynamic photo album which
uses JSP. I've seen a lot of examples using PHP and a few online
albums using Javascript, however those albums using JavaScript are not
dynamic - the images are hard coded.

My scenario is this, we have about 6 different events with about 150
photos each. What I would like to happen is to be able to have a index
page which lists 10 photos each, and when you click on the photo to be
taken to a secondary page with a larger image. I would like to do this
without needing to create 150 dependant pages.

I understand that we will be looking at using server side technology.
As our pages already use JSP we don't want to add a second server side
language (PHP, Pearl etc...) to the equation.

So does anyone know of a script that may already do this?

If not, I am happy to start working my own script. However I am not to
familiar with JSP - though I used to do a fair bit of ASP using VB
Script. What I would like is to be pointed into a page that will show
me how to create an array with a list of filenames in a given directory
(using a Site relative path). From there I should be right, but I
can't seem to find any references to how this can be done using
Javascript or JSP.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards
Linda

David Dorward

Linda said:
I'm not too sure if this is the right place to post my question - or if
I should go to a JSP group. Anyway here is my question.

JavaScript and Java Server Pages have four things in common - The letters
"J", "A", "V" and "A". So this is the wrong place to ask.

RobG

Linda said:
[...]

JavaScript is not the best solution here, keep it all on the server.

[...]