Dynamic table / GridView with non-databound data

Gregory Gadow

My latest problem: I am converting an ASP script that dynamically
generated a table with radio buttons, presented the table to a web user,
then processed which of the items that the user selected.

I already know that I can't use the table, because Microsoft saw fit not
to preserve the data within dynamic tables. After much poking and
prodding, I have managed to create a view (one of probably hundreds I
will have to create to do our website conversion) that can be bound to
GridView. But... I need to add an element to the effect of "( ) Add new
data." I am uncertain how to insert a row of static, non-databound text
into a databound Grid View. Any suggestions, or am I once again up a
river of solidified waste with insufficient means of locomotion?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

LOL

You can alter a GridView in the RowDataBound event. Take control of the row
(it will be on the eventargs, aka "e" as Row). You can then add column(s) to
your hearts content. When you submit back, you will have to programatically
grab values off the rows, so be prepared. But, you are not up fecal
tributary without a wide stick.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA