dynamic text box and post backs - HELP!!

Rosanne

I have an aspx page that contains a custom built component. Thi
component contains a panel. At runtime text boxes are built and adde
to the controls collection of the panel on an as needed basis. Thes
text boxes are built as server-side controls with the AutoPostBac
property turned on. A TextChanged event handler is also built int
each text box. So, when a value is entered into the text box and th
user tabs off of the field, it causes a post back and the TextChange
even to fire. The problem comes in when the user enters a value int
the text box, but does NOT tab off of the field. Instead they clic
the save button on the main page. This save button click causes a pos
back. What happens is 2 post backs are occurring - I guess one for th
button click and one for the text box. The TextChanges event on th
text box fires twice causing the value entered to be doubled. I can'
turn AutoPostBack on the text box off because that creates another se
of problems for the web page. I've tried everything I can think of t
"blank" out the value of the text box between the 2 posts, but canno
find a way to do it. Any ideas? Does this even make sense? Thanks i
advance for any ideas or suggestions!!! Oh, this is all developed i
vb.net..