Dynamically changing server control defaults

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgQy4=?=, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. We are building a web application that allow's the users to change the defaults of a their pages.
    Here is a list of what I've done so far
    1.) Return the control names, control properties and default values back from a database
    2.) I load each record into an objec
    3.) I then load all of these objects into a collection and send it back to the page.
    This all works great but then my problem starts
    Here is where I am stuck
    Dim cn As Strin
    Dim cp As Strin
    Dim cdv As Strin
    For Each obj In collControls 'This is my collection that was sent bac
    Dim cntl As D_Controls = New D_Controls 'This is my objec
    cntl = ob
    cn = cntl.ControlName 'example: "Button1
    cp = cntl.PropertyType 'example: "Text
    cdv = cntl.DefaultValue 'example: "Hello

    ' This is ultimately what I want to do. This is where the question lies.
    ' I know that the following doesn't work
    cn.cp = cdv ' example: Button1.Text = "Hello
    Loo

    Anyone have any ideas. All I want to do is reset the page's default

    Thanks
    Scot

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgQy4=?=, Mar 3, 2004