DynamicMenuItemStyle - Making the background Transparent

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by nhwilly, Jun 1, 2006.

  1. nhwilly

    nhwilly Guest

    I've used the VS2005 Menu control to create a horizontal menu which I'm
    trying to skin using a separate skin file. This is designed to look a little
    like the Windows menus.

    I'd like the menu background to be transparent, which works for the static
    first menu level, but the dynamic menu items that drop down when you hover
    over the horizontal menu item don't have a transparent background.

    I've tried setting them manually, using a skin, everything, but they turn up
    white if I don't assign them a color. If I assign them a color, then they
    get that color, I just want them to be transparent.

    Is it possible this is something inherently not possible with "dynamic"
    menus? A maybe a small bug?

    I just need to have this menu designed working quickly and this is a new one
    to me. I found others with similar posts on the net (one guy in particular
    who saw this in January) but no answers.

    Thanks in advance.

    Bill
    nhwilly, Jun 1, 2006