ECCOMAS Thematic Conference VipIMAGE 2007 - Last Call for Papers

Discussion in 'Python' started by tavares@fe.up.pt, Mar 23, 2007.

    (Apologies for cross-posting)

    International ECCOMAS Thematic Conference VipIMAGE 2007 - I ECCOMAS
    THEMATIC
    CONFERENCE ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING
    17-19th October 2007, FEUP, Porto, Portugal
    http://www.fe.up.pt/VIPIMAGE

    We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your
    colleagues and co-workers.

    Dear Colleague,

    The International Conference VipIMAGE - I ECCOMAS THEMATIC CONFERENCE
    ON COMPUTATIONAL VISION AND MEDICAL IMAGE PROCESSING will be held in
    the Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto, Porto, Portugal, on
    October 17-19, 2007.

    VipIMAGE will bring together several researchers from around the world
    representing several fields of study related to Computational Vision
    and Medical Image Processing, such as: Physics of Medical Imaging;
    Signal and image Processing; Simulation and Modelling; Data
    Interpolation, Registration and Compression; Telemedicine; Computer
    Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy, and Treatment; Computational
    Bioimaging and Visualization; Software Development and Grid Computing.

    The organizers would like to invite you to submit your contributions
    for VipIMAGE until the end of March.

    More details can be found in the conference website: http://www.fe.up.pt/VIPIMAGE.

    Important dates

    Submission of extended abstracts: March 31, 2007;
    Authors Notification: April 15, 2007;
    Lectures and Final Papers: May 15, 2007;
    Early registration fee: May 31, 2007.

    Proceedings

    The proceedings book of VipIMAGE will be will published by the Taylor
    & Francis Group.

    Invited Lectures

    - Automatic Generation of Computer Models from Multi-modal Bio-medical
    Imaging - Chandrajit Bajaj, USA
    - Computational Bioimaging and Visualization - Chris Johnson, USA
    - From Geometrical Models to Physiological Models of the Human Body -
    Hervé Delingette, France
    - Latest advances in Cardiovascular Informatics - Ioannis A.
    Kakadiaris, USA
    - Robust Algorithms for Deformable Contours - Jorge S. Marques,
    Portugal
    - Image Sequence Evaluation - Juan J. Villanueva, Spain
    - Fast Surface Segmentation and remeshing by finding geodesics -
    Laurent Cohen, France
    - Processing of Simultaneous acquisition of EEG and fMRI - Mario
    Forjaz Secca, Portugal
    - Automatic Construction of Statistical Shape Models using Non-Rigid
    Registration - Tim Cootes, UK
    - Theory of Digital Manifolds and its Applications to Medical Imaging
    - Valentin Brimkov, USA & Reinhard Klette, NZ

    We are looking forward to host you in Porto next October.

    Kind regards,

    João Manuel R. S. Tavares
    Renato Natal Jorge
    (conference co-chairs)