eclipse debugger return from "stepped into" function

monkeyboy

Hello,

I'm new to eclipse, and I'm having a problem using the debugger. When
I step into a function call, and step through it, once it hits the
"return" it doesn't jump back to the caller, it seems to just hang
there? Is there anyway to get it to return to the caller?

Thank you

Hendrik Maryns

monkeyboy schreef:
Hello,

I'm new to eclipse, and I'm having a problem using the debugger. When
I step into a function call, and step through it, once it hits the
"return" it doesn't jump back to the caller, it seems to just hang
there? Is there anyway to get it to return to the caller?

That is exceptional. Here, it does as expected: return to the caller.
What are you doing that wouldn’t work? See the link at the bottom.

H.
--
Hendrik Maryns
==================

Mark Space

monkeyboy said:
Hello,

I'm new to eclipse, and I'm having a problem using the debugger. When
I step into a function call, and step through it, once it hits the
"return" it doesn't jump back to the caller, it seems to just hang
there? Is there anyway to get it to return to the caller?

Thank you

Does the return have a function call or access a constant that has to be
loaded? You could be hanging on that.

Otherwise, try a clean and build. Then try a reinstall of Eclipse, then
remove and reinstall all JDK's. This should not be happening. You
might also want to try an Eclipse mailing list to understand if there
may be a bug that you are hitting.