Eclipse IDE printing values automatically

mick verdu

I am using Pydev 2.8 on Eclipse IDE. It is printing some values that haven't been printed with print command. How to deal with this problem?

Mark Lawrence

I am using Pydev 2.8 on Eclipse IDE. It is printing some values that haven't been printed with print command. How to deal with this problem?

There are some very smart people on this list, but unless you give them
details of what you've tried and precisely what went wrong how can we
help? What does your code look like? Are you debugging, running a file
via CTRL+F11 and seeing the output on the Pydev console, what?

Slight aside, why 2.8, 3.3.3 has just been released?

Denis McMahon

I am using Pydev 2.8 on Eclipse IDE. It is printing some values that
haven't been printed with print command. How to deal with this problem?

There's no print statement in the code you included to demonstrate the
problem, which is probably why the data you expect to be printed isn't
being printed.

mick verdu

Thanks for reply.
I am running file via ctrl+F11 and seeing output on pyDev Console. My code has got nested dictionaries, lists and tuples. What you want to see?

Mark Lawrence

Thanks for reply.
I am running file via ctrl+F11 and seeing output on pyDev Console. My code has got nested dictionaries, lists and tuples. What you want to see?

Two things, code and context. See here for how to go about this
http://sscce.org/

John Gordon

Thanks for reply.
I am running file via ctrl+F11 and seeing output on pyDev Console.
My code has got nested dictionaries, lists and tuples. What you want to see?

One thing you could try is to track down exactly which line(s) are causing
the unwanted output.

Add some print statements to your code, say one print every fifty lines
or so. Or perhaps just one print statement at the top of each function.
Make each message different so you can tell them apart in the output.
When the unwanted output appears, take note of which of your print
statements appears above and below it. Then you can add more print
statements in between those two, until you have narrowed down exactly what
line of code is causing the output. Then, if you still can't tell why it
is happening, post that line of code here and maybe we can help.

Or, if your program is short enough, you can just post the whole thing
here. Be sure to give an example of the unwanted output, and tell us
exactly how the program is being executed. If the program uses input
files, be sure to give us those too.