    I am pretty much new to Java and eclipse.

    Thanks
    navs

    navs, Mar 15, 2008

  2. navs

    Christian Guest

    navs schrieb:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am trying to make an Eclipse plugin for the Java software. I have
    > the source code of the software, i am not sure how to go about
    > building plugin for eclipse from the source code. I tried doing the
    > "convert the Project to plugin Project" but when I try to export as
    > *.jar it fails. Is there any good tutorial that can explain about how
    > to build eclipse plugin from the source code?...Please do let me know.
    > I am pretty much new to Java and eclipse.
    >
    > Thanks
    > navs

    you don't export plugins as normal jars ...
    they need some additional metdata .. (plugin.xml /manifest)

    eclipse has a wizard to do this. Still if you don't know this I don't
    see how you could have created a working plugin.
    I would recommend you the Book eclipse Rich Client Platform from Jeff
    McAffer an Jean-Michel Lemieux ..
    It has a good tutorial on RCP and the plugin mechanism in general.
    It might be what you are looking for.

    Christian

    Christian, Mar 16, 2008