From: "=?Utf-8?B?RG91Z1NhaW4=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: EditCommandColumn Footer
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:57:06 -0800

Hey everyone,

Seen this asked before but haven't seen an answer...

Wonder if it is at all possible to programatically add controls to the
footer section of an EditCommandColumn Footer.... I know it doesn't seem to
accept a template (like other columns)

Additionaly, if it is not possible to add controls to the footer, has anyone
had any experience with replicated the EditCommandColumn functionality with a
regular Template column.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Hi Doug

Maybe I am not understanding your question correctly but I am positve you can convert the EditCommandColumn to a template column. That would be the
easiest way to add controls into the footer. I am confident there is a way to add controls to the footer progammatically, though I have not ventured the
specific code to do it but if it isn't too many controls, why don't you add it using the designer and then programmatically control the Visible property?

An example of using the footer while its a template column can be found here: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/021203-1.aspx
other useful articles: http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/021203-1.aspx

Hope that helps,

Michelle

***Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.***