editing a config file

Mike Zupan

I need to edit the value(s) of a config file via a GUI interface. I'm
trying to use ConfigParser but set() doesn't seem to write.

Here are my reading and writing functions

def getConfig(self,value=None):
config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.readfp(open('config.inf'))
return config.defaults()[value]

def setConfig(self, option, value):
config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.readfp(open('config.inf', 'a'))
config.set("DEFAULT", option, value)

The values are getting passed ok it just won't set the value to the
new value i have selected.

can anyone offer any hints?

Mathias Waack

Mike said:
I need to edit the value(s) of a config file via a GUI interface.
I'm trying to use ConfigParser but set() doesn't seem to write.

Here are my reading and writing functions

def getConfig(self,value=None):
config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.readfp(open('config.inf'))
return config.defaults()[value]

def setConfig(self, option, value):
config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
config.readfp(open('config.inf', 'a'))
config.set("DEFAULT", option, value)

The values are getting passed ok it just won't set the value to the
new value i have selected.

can anyone offer any hints?

Maybe you're simply missing a config.write('config.inf')?

Mathias