Editing with Notepad question:Imput button

richp

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand time before!

Editing an HTML page with Notepad:
I can "cut and paste" an imput button to the body of my HTML document and it
works fine---but if I TYPE in the IDENTICAL code It does not work. Nothing
appears.

I mean IDENTICAL. I also save the document and then reload the HTML page.

Other HTML editing changes work fine---what am I doing wrong?

Why can I cut and paste a button, but not MAKE one?

Rich

Ryan Stewart

richp said:
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand time before!

Editing an HTML page with Notepad:
I can "cut and paste" an imput button to the body of my HTML document and it
works fine---but if I TYPE in the IDENTICAL code It does not work. Nothing
appears.

I mean IDENTICAL. I also save the document and then reload the HTML page.

Other HTML editing changes work fine---what am I doing wrong?

Why can I cut and paste a button, but not MAKE one?

Rich

There's always the possibility that you're typing "imput" instead of
"input".

Andy Dingley

That, I assume, is a common error?

I wouldn't know. I have a SQL database that lists common coding
errors, but every time I try to query it, my fingers type SEELCT
instead of select. :cool:

If you get this problem again, save both files then run a diff program
over them to show the differences. I'd avoid Notepad, because it's
known to cause similar problems itself, if you have long lines.

richp

Funny.

Even after you told me I did it a couple of times more. Input, input, input

Rich

picayunish

Andy said:
I wouldn't know. I have a SQL database that lists common coding
errors, but every time I try to query it, my fingers type SEELCT
instead of select. :cool:

If you get this problem again, save both files then run a diff program
over them to show the differences.

I always compare the different files with Totale Commander :p

Ryan Stewart

richp said:
Ryan:

Do I feel dumb or what.

That, I assume, is a common error?

Thanks much-Rich

Not "common" so much as you did it twice in your original post.

chris

Ryan Stewart said:
Not "common" so much as you did it twice in your original post.

I m using notepad for years now to edit and create html. Never had any
problems. Not with inputs neither with long lines. I guess its the best
editor out there.

chris

Nicolai P. Zwar

chris said:
I m using notepad for years now to edit and create html. Never had any
problems. Not with inputs neither with long lines. I guess its the best
editor out there.

For whom? For masochistic Spartan minimalists? :)

Safalra

Nicolai P. Zwar said:
For whom? For masochistic Spartan minimalists? :)

That about sums me up. Actually, now I'm using Linux more, more of my
site is being created with Nedit, but Notepad's only ever caused me
problems when I'm editting Chinese pages (fortunately Wordpad has
*some* Unicode support...).

--- Safalra (Stephen Morley) ---
http://www.safalra.com/hypertext