egenix mx package weirdness

Dave Harrison

And so go on my solaris woes ;-)

Due to my impending insanity I shall keep this brief,

Solaris 9, Python 2.1.1, MySQLdb 0.9.1, and mx 2.0.2

I am using these versions because I am plugging into an existing sensitive system, upgrading is pretty much a no go (not my choice).

MySQLdb works fine on its own, and mx works fine on its own.
But install the two together, and mx breaks MySQLdb. mx however appears
to continue to work.

The error is quite simply a coredump.

Anyone have similar experiences/problems ? any ideas ?

grazias
Dave

Andrew Dalke

Dave Harrison:
The error is quite simply a coredump.

Anyone have similar experiences/problems ? any ideas ?

Since you have the core dump, can you give us a stack trace?

Is it possible to make a small version of the code which
reproduces the error?

Can you trace which function is causing the core dump, eg,
by using a debugger (like pdb, which comes with Python),
or by using venerable print statements?

Without this information, it's highly unlikely that someone can
make any more detailed comment. The best you might get is
"yeah, that was a problem in version XYZ, upgrade and it'll
go away", which is not a solution for you.

Andrew
(e-mail address removed)