Element is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site

MK

Hi,

I am having problem while adding user control into a user control in
2005 WAP project.
The controls are in the same project.

When I try to drag and drop the user control into and user control I
just get the path of the user control.

When I try to add manually using <%@Register the user control just
shows up but without any properties. Even in the code I am not able to
acess the properties or any public methods of the user control I added.

Here is the error message, I got when I compiled "Element {Element
Name} is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation
error in the Web site".

I also added the <%@Reference tag but it did not help.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Jyothish

Hi,

Have you got any luck for this issue. I am facing the same. Any help
will be appreciated

Thanks
Jyothish

Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am having the same problem. I was just wondering if you ever found out what was going on. I'm kind of at a stand still thanks to this little gem.

Guest

Did you find the solution? Thanks, Dave

Jyothish said:
Hi,

Have you got any luck for this issue. I am facing the same. Any help
will be appreciated

Thanks
Jyothish

Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Solution

Hi, I'm using VS90 PRO and i think i have solution. When you click project by right mouse button and choose clean and after that rebuild its fine and working for me.

Hope this helps.

Joined
Jun 27, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Same problem in VS2008, but I figured it out. Apparently it doesn't think to check the same assembly the code is executing from, so you have to specify the assembly name in the register tag. Example:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="abc" Namespace="MyNamespace" Assembly="MyAssembly" %>

This must be new to VS2005 because when I migrated it automatically added the assembly attribute to some of the files; why it missed some I don't know...