Email contents of webpage or Form on webpage w/o using Server scripting

sifar

Hi,

This is my first post to this Group.

A] I am trying to create a escalation page which will mail an
escalation report
of a faulty product.

Items needed on Page:
-----------------------
1] Dropdown list.....of names to mailto
2] 4-5 Radio Buttons......each connected to a hidden Escalation Form
3] Each Form has a Escalate(Submit) & Reset button to send the contents
of
the form.

there is a dropdown list from which i select the person to Mailto (his
email
address gets selected automatically) & the Subject is selected from the
Name
or Value attribute of the selected Radio button. On Selecting the Radio
Button, it opens a particular hidden form & after filling form, you
click on
Escalate Button on form, it will automatically email 'To' address
selected
in Dropdown list with 'Subject' name taken from Name/Value of Radio
button
selected.

If anyone good at java-script can help me on this, will really
appreciate the
same.

B] Also, can a contents of a webpage (i mean the whole page with
graphics etc.
like in outlook express/Ms Outlook, you select "send Page by email) be
emailed to a receipent?

Please Help!

Warm Regards,

Eijaz

ASM

sifar said:
A] I am trying to create a escalation page which will mail an
escalation report
of a faulty product.

Items needed on Page:
-----------------------
1] Dropdown list.....of names to mailto
2] 4-5 Radio Buttons......each connected to a hidden Escalation Form
3] Each Form has a Escalate(Submit) & Reset button to send the contents
[snip]

If anyone good at java-script can help me on this,

Not too good; but see that :

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.moriaux/truc/send_report.htm
B] Also, can a contents of a webpage (i mean the whole page with
graphics etc.
like in outlook express/Ms Outlook, you select "send Page by email) be
emailed to a receipent?

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.moriaux/truc/send_page_url.htm

eijaz sheikh

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for replying to my message.

What i trying to make is a webpage with a form (i.e textboxes, buttons,
dropdown lists etc.) located on a network drive in my office.

There is an Excel workbook (or can create new workbook thru code) which
somehow needs to be connected to the webpage.
so that whenever i enter any data into the webpage, it will get entered
onto the excel sheet automatically without any manual intervention.

I know that we may require an Apache server or a SQL/Perl to transfer
data to Excel. Is there a simple way without using these tools to send
data from webpage to an Excel sheet?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Warm regards,

Eijaz

ASM

eijaz said:
Is there a simple way without using these tools to send
data from webpage to an Excel sheet?

your brower would be abble to launch Excel
so ...
why won't you work only with Excel ?

sifar

How to do that using Javascript? I use IE 5 & then the Excel sheet
would be located on another network drive.

The form would be used by many people from another network drive which
will update each record on a seperate row in an excel sheet.

Please advice.

Warm regards,

Eijaz

ASM

sifar said:
How to do that using Javascript? I use IE 5 & then the Excel sheet
would be located on another network drive.

with your browser :
menu : File / Open

and you go to search your Excel sheet

wherever it is ...

Remember its url
and to call it

that will open Excel and the sheet
To save updates, each user will be authorized to write & read on DD
of saver network.
The form would be used by many people from another network drive which
will update each record on a seperate row in an excel sheet.

do the right excel macro ...
Please advice.

Never I try to do what I say here (thru different network stations)
Warm regards,

Anyway, I don't think you can find an issue by JavaScript
See VisualBasic or ActiveObjects or VBscript (perhaps PHP ?)