Email contents of webpage or Form on webpage w/o using Server scripting

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by sifar, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. sifar

    sifar Guest

    Hi,

    This is my first post to this Group.

    A] I am trying to create a escalation page which will mail an
    escalation report
    of a faulty product.

    Items needed on Page:
    -----------------------
    1] Dropdown list.....of names to mailto
    2] 4-5 Radio Buttons......each connected to a hidden Escalation Form
    3] Each Form has a Escalate(Submit) & Reset button to send the contents
    of
    the form.

    there is a dropdown list from which i select the person to Mailto (his
    email
    address gets selected automatically) & the Subject is selected from the
    Name
    or Value attribute of the selected Radio button. On Selecting the Radio
    Button, it opens a particular hidden form & after filling form, you
    click on
    Escalate Button on form, it will automatically email 'To' address
    selected
    in Dropdown list with 'Subject' name taken from Name/Value of Radio
    button
    selected.

    If anyone good at java-script can help me on this, will really
    appreciate the
    same.

    B] Also, can a contents of a webpage (i mean the whole page with
    graphics etc.
    like in outlook express/Ms Outlook, you select "send Page by email) be
    emailed to a receipent?

    Please Help!

    Warm Regards,

    Eijaz
    sifar, Aug 20, 2005

  2. sifar

    ASM Guest

    Re: Email contents of webpage or Form on webpage w/o using Serverscripting

    sifar wrote:

    > A] I am trying to create a escalation page which will mail an
    > escalation report
    > of a faulty product.
    >
    > Items needed on Page:
    > -----------------------
    > 1] Dropdown list.....of names to mailto
    > 2] 4-5 Radio Buttons......each connected to a hidden Escalation Form
    > 3] Each Form has a Escalate(Submit) & Reset button to send the contents

    [snip]

    > If anyone good at java-script can help me on this,

    Not too good; but see that :

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.moriaux/truc/send_report.htm

    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.moriaux/truc/send_page_url.htm

    ASM, Aug 21, 2005

  3. sifar

    eijaz sheikh Guest

    Hi Stephane,

    Thanks for replying to my message.

    What i trying to make is a webpage with a form (i.e textboxes, buttons,
    dropdown lists etc.) located on a network drive in my office.

    There is an Excel workbook (or can create new workbook thru code) which
    somehow needs to be connected to the webpage.
    so that whenever i enter any data into the webpage, it will get entered
    onto the excel sheet automatically without any manual intervention.

    I know that we may require an Apache server or a SQL/Perl to transfer
    data to Excel. Is there a simple way without using these tools to send
    data from webpage to an Excel sheet?

    Your help would be most appreciated.

    Warm regards,

    Eijaz

    eijaz sheikh, Aug 23, 2005
  4. sifar

    eijaz sheikh wrote:
    > Is there a simple way without using these tools to send
    > data from webpage to an Excel sheet?

    your brower would be abble to launch Excel
    so ...
    why won't you work only with Excel ?

    ASM, Aug 23, 2005
  5. sifar

    sifar Guest

    How to do that using Javascript? I use IE 5 & then the Excel sheet
    would be located on another network drive.

    The form would be used by many people from another network drive which
    will update each record on a seperate row in an excel sheet.

    Please advice.

    Warm regards,

    Eijaz
    sifar, Aug 24, 2005
  6. sifar

    sifar wrote:
    > How to do that using Javascript? I use IE 5 & then the Excel sheet
    > would be located on another network drive.

    with your browser :
    menu : File / Open

    and you go to search your Excel sheet

    wherever it is ...

    Remember its url
    and to call it

    that will open Excel and the sheet
    To save updates, each user will be authorized to write & read on DD
    of saver network.

    > The form would be used by many people from another network drive which
    > will update each record on a seperate row in an excel sheet.

    do the right excel macro ...

    > Please advice.

    Never I try to do what I say here (thru different network stations)

    > Warm regards,

    Anyway, I don't think you can find an issue by JavaScript
    See VisualBasic or ActiveObjects or VBscript (perhaps PHP ?)

    ASM, Aug 24, 2005