    years ago* is invalid.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, May 25, 2004

  2. brucie

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:32:23 +1000, brucie <>
    wrote:

    > just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
    > sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
    > it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.
    >
    > i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
    > years ago* is invalid.

    I know the script I use (NMS) accepts anything in the format
    as an email address. The webmaster must take on the brunt of the
    discomfort, I agree, to the end that the user bears only the expected risk.

    Neal, May 25, 2004

  3. brucie

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:32:23 +1000, brucie <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > just a note for people with a form on their site.

    Hey! What are you doing starting a thread? I don't think I've seen you
    start a thread in the time I've been here!

    > if you're using some
    > sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
    > it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

    Yep, it can! (It can even handle .id) :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, May 25, 2004
  4. brucie

    Mabden Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
    > years ago* is invalid.
    >
    > --
    > b r u c i e

    People have been looking for a way to piss-off brucie for YEARS. Finally a
    guaranteed way!

    --
    Mabden

    Mabden, May 25, 2004
  5. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:7tq5vf0yg1xa$>
    Mark Parnell <> said:

    >> just a note for people with a form on their site.

    > Hey! What are you doing starting a thread?

    frustration over trying to spend large amounts of money and being
    prevented from doing it by clueless idiots.

    > I don't think I've seen you start a thread in the time I've been
    > here!

    i cant remember starting one either <hangs head/>, i'm such a n00bie.

    >> sure that it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

    > Yep, it can! (It can even handle .id) :)

    you don't sell anything i want unless you offer "personal services" you
    haven't mentioned on your site.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, May 25, 2004
  6. brucie

    Richard Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
    > sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
    > it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

    > i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
    > years ago* is invalid.

    Not to mention all those other TLD's that are supposed to be valid in South
    America.
    If you wanted to check for validity, you'd need to check some 300 plus
    tld's.

    Richard, May 25, 2004
  7. brucie

    Richard Guest

    Mabden wrote:

    > "brucie" <> wrote in message

    > [snip]

    >> i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
    >> years ago* is invalid.
    >>
    >> --
    >> b r u c i e

    > People have been looking for a way to piss-off brucie for YEARS. Finally
    > a guaranteed way!

    Best way to do that is to mention that t word.

    Richard, May 25, 2004
  8. brucie

    Els Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:32:23 +1000, brucie <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
    >> sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
    >> it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.
    >>
    >> i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
    >> years ago* is invalid.

    > I know the script I use (NMS) accepts anything in the format
    > as an email address. The webmaster must take on the brunt of the
    > discomfort, I agree, to the end that the user bears only the expected risk.

    Mine even accepts addresses written like me at mydomain dot
    info.
    But no, Brucie, no "personal services" offered ;-)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, May 25, 2004
  9. brucie

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 15:05:42 +1000, brucie <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > frustration over trying to spend large amounts of money and being
    > prevented from doing it by clueless idiots.

    Send some of it my way. :-D

    > you don't sell anything i want unless you offer "personal services" you
    > haven't mentioned on your site.

    No personal services, sorry. Check with Duende. ;-)

    Mark Parnell, May 25, 2004
  10. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:40b2f2b5$0$41752$>
    Els <> said:

    > But no, Brucie, no "personal services" offered ;-)

    my entire life is just one disappointment after another

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, May 25, 2004
  11. brucie

    Els Guest

    brucie wrote:

    > in post: <news:40b2f2b5$0$41752$>
    > Els <> said:
    >
    >>But no, Brucie, no "personal services" offered ;-)

    > my entire life is just one disappointment after another

    Disappointments only exist by the grace of wrong expectations.
    :)

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, May 25, 2004
  12. brucie

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:gaoab6g8fx58$>
    Mark Parnell <> said:

    > Send some of it my way. :-D

    i think i would have trouble convincing mr. taxman that you're a valid
    deduction.

    > No personal services, sorry.

    gowd damnit! you're in league with Els.

    > Check with Duende. ;-)

    good idea. i've often had fantasies of running my tongue through the
    crevices between his wrinkles.

    --
    b r u c i e

    brucie, May 25, 2004
  13. brucie

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:

    > in post: <news:gaoab6g8fx58$>
    > Mark Parnell <> said:
    >
    >> Send some of it my way. :-D

    > i think i would have trouble convincing mr. taxman that you're a valid
    > deduction.
    >
    >> No personal services, sorry.

    > gowd damnit! you're in league with Els.
    >
    >> Check with Duende. ;-)

    > good idea. i've often had fantasies of running my tongue through the
    > crevices between his wrinkles.

    First you have to get all this damn duct tape off. And next time don't
    use this yucky green stuff. I gives me a rash.

    --
    Duende
    I'll never do that again.

    Duende, May 25, 2004
  14. brucie

    SpaceGirl Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > in post: <news:gaoab6g8fx58$>
    > > Mark Parnell <> said:
    > >
    > >> Send some of it my way. :-D

    > > i think i would have trouble convincing mr. taxman that you're a valid
    > > deduction.
    > >
    > >> No personal services, sorry.

    > > gowd damnit! you're in league with Els.
    > >
    > >> Check with Duende. ;-)

    > > good idea. i've often had fantasies of running my tongue through the
    > > crevices between his wrinkles.
    > >

    > First you have to get all this damn duct tape off. And next time don't
    > use this yucky green stuff. I gives me a rash.
    >
    > --
    > Duende
    > I'll never do that again.

    ....and I choose THIS thread to read first thing in the morning!? *sighs*

    SpaceGirl, May 25, 2004
  15. brucie

    Mabden Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message

    > Disappointments only exist by the grace of wrong expectations.

    How disappointing.

    --
    Mabden

    Mabden, May 25, 2004
  16. brucie

    PeterMcC Guest

    Mabden wrote in
    <XOEsc.72731$>

    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Disappointments only exist by the grace of wrong expectations.

    > How disappointing.

    Not really, I was expecting something like that.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,

    PeterMcC, May 25, 2004
  17. brucie

    Kris Guest

    In article <7tq5vf0yg1xa$>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > > just a note for people with a form on their site.

    > Hey! What are you doing starting a thread? I don't think I've seen you
    > start a thread in the time I've been here!

    This day forth will be known as 'brucie day'.

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, May 25, 2004
  18. brucie

    Mabden Guest

    > Mabden wrote:
    >
    > > "brucie" <> wrote in message

    > > [snip]

    > >> i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced

    *4
    > >> years ago* is invalid.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> b r u c i e

    > > People have been looking for a way to piss-off brucie for YEARS.

    Finally
    > > a guaranteed way!

    > Best way to do that is to mention that t word.

    "Tits"?

    --
    Mabden

    Mabden, May 25, 2004
  19. Mabden wrote:

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >
    >> Best way to [piss off brucie] is to mention that t word.

    > "Tits"?

    Turps. (Dissolves the glue in duct tape.)

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, May 26, 2004
  20. brucie

    Art Sackett Guest

    brucie <> wrote:

    > just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
    > sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
    > it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

    That's why I use DNS and SMTP to check email addresses. It takes
    longer, but it works fine.

    Oh, wait, what the hell am I doing in alt.html? Aaaarrrggghhhh, I'm
    outta here.

    :)

    --
    Art Sackett,