email validation

brucie

just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
years ago* is invalid.

Neal

just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
years ago* is invalid.

I know the script I use (NMS) accepts anything in the format (e-mail address removed)
as an email address. The webmaster must take on the brunt of the
discomfort, I agree, to the end that the user bears only the expected risk.

Mark Parnell

just a note for people with a form on their site.

Hey! What are you doing starting a thread? I don't think I've seen you
start a thread in the time I've been here!
if you're using some
sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

Yep, it can! (It can even handle .id) :)

Mabden

[snip]
i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
years ago* is invalid.

People have been looking for a way to piss-off brucie for YEARS. Finally a
guaranteed way!

brucie

in post: <
Hey! What are you doing starting a thread?

frustration over trying to spend large amounts of money and being
prevented from doing it by clueless idiots.
I don't think I've seen you start a thread in the time I've been
here!
Yep, it can! (It can even handle .id) :)

you don't sell anything i want unless you offer "personal services" you
haven't mentioned on your site.

Richard

brucie wrote:

just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.
i'm really getting sick of being told that .info that was introduced *4
years ago* is invalid.

Not to mention all those other TLD's that are supposed to be valid in South
America.
If you wanted to check for validity, you'd need to check some 300 plus
tld's.

Els

Neal said:
I know the script I use (NMS) accepts anything in the format (e-mail address removed)
as an email address. The webmaster must take on the brunt of the
discomfort, I agree, to the end that the user bears only the expected risk.

Mine even accepts addresses written like me at mydomain dot
info.
But no, Brucie, no "personal services" offered ;-)

Mark Parnell

frustration over trying to spend large amounts of money and being
prevented from doing it by clueless idiots.

Send some of it my way. :-D
you don't sell anything i want unless you offer "personal services" you
haven't mentioned on your site.

No personal services, sorry. Check with Duende. ;-)

brucie

in post: <
Mark Parnell said:
Send some of it my way. :-D

i think i would have trouble convincing mr. taxman that you're a valid
deduction.
No personal services, sorry.

gowd damnit! you're in league with Els.
Check with Duende. ;-)

good idea. i've often had fantasies of running my tongue through the
crevices between his wrinkles.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:
in post: <

i think i would have trouble convincing mr. taxman that you're a valid
deduction.

gowd damnit! you're in league with Els.

good idea. i've often had fantasies of running my tongue through the
crevices between his wrinkles.

First you have to get all this damn duct tape off. And next time don't
use this yucky green stuff. I gives me a rash.

SpaceGirl

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:

First you have to get all this damn duct tape off. And next time don't
use this yucky green stuff. I gives me a rash.

....and I choose THIS thread to read first thing in the morning!? *sighs*

Kris

just a note for people with a form on their site.

Hey! What are you doing starting a thread? I don't think I've seen you
start a thread in the time I've been here![/QUOTE]

This day forth will be known as 'brucie day'.

Art Sackett

brucie said:
just a note for people with a form on their site. if you're using some
sort of voodoo to check if the email address is valid FFS make sure that
it can handle TLDs other then just com/net/org.

That's why I use DNS and SMTP to check email addresses. It takes
longer, but it works fine.

Oh, wait, what the hell am I doing in alt.html? Aaaarrrggghhhh, I'm
outta here.

:)