Embedding "customcontrol" inside "webusercontrol"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Angrez Singh, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. Angrez Singh

    Angrez Singh Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to use a "customcontrol" inside a "webusercontrol" but
    facing problem with the viewstate of the "customcontrol".

    When I use the "customcontrol" on a page either adding it statically or
    dynamically, it works fine. There is no problem with the ViewState.
    Also when I use this "customcontrol" inside another "customcontrol"
    there is no problem with the ViewState.

    Problem arises only when I embed this "customcontrol" inside a
    "webusercontrol". While debugging I found that the
    "createcustomcontrols" function is not being called on postback in this
    scenario. In all others scenarios this function is called.

    Am I doing something wrong here or is it not possible to use custom
    control in that way?

    Any pointers or suggestions will be appreciated.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Angrez
    Angrez Singh, Jun 30, 2006