Embedding the python interpreter

Tom Gur

Hey,

Do you know an easy way to embed the python interpreter in a python
program (so a non-technical user, which has no idea how to install the
python interpreter would be able to run the script as an executable) ?

penten

Hey,

Do you know an easy way to embed the python interpreter in a python
program (so a non-technical user, which has no idea how to install the
python interpreter would be able to run the script as an executable) ?

py2exe does this very well for windows executables: http://www.py2exe.org/

Grant Edwards

Hey,

Do you know an easy way to embed the python interpreter in a python
program (so a non-technical user, which has no idea how to install the
python interpreter would be able to run the script as an executable) ?

Hey,

This question is asked at least once a week. I'm surprised you
didn't see the threads. [It probably should be int he FAQ, but
isn't.]

http://www.py2exe.org/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cx-freeze/
http://pyinstaller.hpcf.upr.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/py2app/

Tom Gur

Do you know an easy way to embed the python interpreter in a python
program (so a non-technical user, which has no idea how to install the
python interpreter would be able to run the script as an executable) ?

Hey,

This question is asked at least once a week. I'm surprised you
didn't see the threads. [It probably should be int he FAQ, but
isn't.]

http://www.py2exe.org/http://source....cgihttp://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/py2app/

Thanks a lot !