Thanks,
Mark

-- Mark Watson, author and Java consultant
-- Open content web books at www.markwatson.com

Jeen Broekstra

Mark said:
While converting my main web site opening page to
XHTML yesterday, I was a little shocked to find out
that there is no standard way to embed RDF directly
in XHTML and still have XHTML validate.

I saw some good ideas that involved linking, but without
a standard, how are RDF spiders to find the RDF on the web?

I ended up putting comment tags around my RDF (yuck!).
At least my RDF spider peeks inside comments, but other
people would probably miss it.

Any ideas?

FWIW, I tend to use seperate files for the RDF and the HTML. My
homepage links to a seperate RDF description. It's not perfect
either but perhaps slightly less yucky than using comment tags.

Jeen

Mark Watson

Hello Jeen,

I checked out your site. I see that you are a Sesame developer - Sesame
is very cool!

I think that I might use your approach and also my approach.

The problem with linking to RDF is that there is no
standard so RDF spiders can not find linked RDF.

Thanks,
Mark

Jeen Broekstra

Mark said:
I checked out your site. I see that you are a Sesame
developer - Sesame is very cool!

Heh, thanks, glad you like it.
I think that I might use your approach and also my approach.

The problem with linking to RDF is that there is no standard
so RDF spiders can not find linked RDF.

On a tangent: are you developing your own RDF spider or are you
using existing software? I'm thinking about setting up an
experiment involving spidering myself, so if you have any
pointers I would appreciate it.

Jeen